Usually most Sunday afternoons I try to oven roast pumpkin and sweet potato and store in the fridge so wholesome veggies are easy to grab. So if I have done that, it makes this recipe so quick and easy!!
- Chicken breast
- Portuguese seasoning
- Pine nuts
- Spinach leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Whatever salad items you enjoy – capsicum, tomatoes, carrot, beans etc
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Use a mallot to thin chicken breast
- Season generously with Portuguese seasoning – both sides
- Add pine nuts to baking tray and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Pan fry chicken breast on high – don’t cut the chicken raw. It will be more tender if to wait until cooked to slice.
- Prepare salad – spinach leaves, pumpkin (I like this warmed up), feta and add pine nuts.
- Slice chicken once cooked through
- Drizzle salad with balsamic glaze