These have sort of evolved overtime from a turkey rissole with bread crumbs and egg to a cleaner version of meatballs and sauce. As Joey from friends would say:
Not an epic nerd friends fan? Ok moving on….
- Turkey mince – 500grams
- 1 teaspoon crushed Garlic
- Italian herbs
- Chilli flakes
- Basil leaves (yes Italian herbs has basil but who can have too much basil!)
- Capsicum – large
- Quick Brown Rice – 125gram packet
- Passata sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degre
2. Combine turkey mince, herbs, salt, garlic and chopped onion into a large bowl.
3. Roll into meatballs
4. Pan fry the meatballs on a medium heat to seal all the edges.
5. Cut capsicum in half and remove all the seeds and place onto an oven tray. Roast until skin starts to change colour and capsicum softens.
6. Once meatballs are sealed, return to a low heat, pour in half the passata sauce and place lid on pan to simmer while capsicum cooks.
7. Heat quick rice in the microwave
8. Remove capsicum and pour rice into each half, place on the plate.
9. Serve meatballs, pour sauce on top and top with cheese of your choice – mozzarella or Parmesan work well!
The longer you let your meatballs simmer in the sauce the richer they will be. ☺️